Dear Entrepreneur and Business Owner,
Having a new business idea is great! But, without a business plan, or using a generic cookie cutter business plan template, a business is essentially rudderless, and day-to-day activities are likely to be haphazard and reactive.
Unfortunately, there are a number of “Business Plan Consultants” that promise the world when in fact they merely use a Generic Business Plan Template or Business Plan Software (e.g. Business Plan Pro) to generate an off-the-shelf document, which takes the said consultant a few hours to complete. If you take a look at some of the examples of past work they did, you will see that these examples are in fact extracts the abovementioned software being used. So, basically you are paying someone to take the information you send them and copy and paste this is a pre-designed format or template. Where is the strategic value in that? No wonder these companies can charge so little for their service.
Having been in the industry for more than 10 years, I find it absolutely vital to provide solid advice to Prospective Clients and guide each and every Entrepreneur and Business Owner through the pitfalls of individuals and companies that are out there to just make a quick sale!
So please be careful when deciding on which Business Plan Consultant to contract for the completion of your Business Plan. Unfortunately, there are a number of individuals operating in the South African market that is out to make a quick buck with minimal effort on their part.
Some of these ‘Consultancies’ have full-time jobs and only write Template-Driven Business Plans on the side. Most of them don’t even have a day’s experience in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, etc. The occurrence of ‘Con-Artists’ and ‘Scam Consultants’ is a common problem around the word – companies offer services, but simply never deliver. I have personally seen this trend in South Africa over the last 10 years. There are unfortunately a lot ‘Business Plan Consultants’ that claim to be the best or the leaders in the industry, but never deliver on these claims.
With the continuous occurrence of existing and new ‘Scam Consultants’ operating in South Africa, I felt it my personal duty – as a fellow entrepreneur – to not only provide factual guidance as to what you need to look out for to avoid being ‘Conned’, but to furthermore provide you with JTB Consulting’s 30-Point Service Guarantee – approved by me personally, and extended to all Prospective Clients.
Your Partner in Business Planning.
Dr. Thommie Burger (Founder and Managing Partner, JTB Consulting)
Our 30-Point Service Guarantee
JTB Consulting Offer You the Following Guarantees:
- Since 2006, we have established ourselves as a Leading Business Plan Consulting Partner to South African entrepreneurs and companies (start-up and existing). We have compiled thousands of Business Plans on behalf of clients. Our team has experience in compiling Business Plans and Commercial Proposals for both start-up businesses (seeking as little as R100,000 in start-up funding) and complex local and international projects and/or established companies (seeking in excess of R1 billion in investor funding).
- Since JTB Consulting’s establishment, we have assisted many new and existing companies in writing expert Business Plans that attain results. Our focus is on providing customer-specific solutions. We do not offer an “off-the-shelf” service as we strongly believe that it is vital to walk side-by-side with a client throughout the Business Plan Writing process. We believe in personal contact and truly establishing a long-term business relationship with you.
- As an additional value-added service, we can provide our Clients with a Business Plan Pitch Deck, designed according to international best practices. A Pitch Deck is a brief presentation (created using PowerPoint) and is used to provide your audience with a professional overview of your Business Plan. You will normally use your Pitch Deck during face-to-face or online meetings with potential investors, customers, partners, and other stakeholders. The Pitch Deck can, at an additional fee, be created after the Business Plan has been completed.
- We are more than willing to provide our Clients with Examples of our Quality Work. At the request of a Client, we can provide a few examples of past Business Plans we have completed for both Local and International Clients. This transparency on our part should greatly assist Prospective Clients to evaluate the Quality of JTB Consulting’s work for themselves.
- We have been able to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and exceptional success rate not only because of the quality of our service delivery and documents we produce, but also due to our personal approach to each and every client. We are a proud, honest and totally open-minded company that delivers professional service. Our highly-experienced team is committed to offer an exceptional and professional service to all our Clients.
- Clients can rest assure that our Business Plans are written in line with the extremely stringent criteria of both local and international investors, i.e. Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Commercial Banks (e.g. ABSA, Nedbank, Standard Bank and FNB); Small Business Finance Institutions (e.g. SEFA and Business Partners); and Government Funding Institutions (e.g. IDC, NEF, and DTI). Our Business Plans are Bank and Investor compatible and are designed to serve as an excellent model and management tool as our clients develop and grow their businesses.
- We do not sell products. We sell a unique and bespoke service that will bring value to your business venture/idea. Most people underestimate the time it takes to write a new, comprehensive and customised business plan for each and every client. We therefore do not offer discounts. Beware of the individual/company that consistently use discounts and “being the cheapest service provider” as their claim to fame and marketing message. Buying a Service is different from buying a Product. The age-old saying of “if you pay peanuts you get monkeys” have never been more relevant. Writing a business plan in a consultative approach and truly partnering with a client to reach a mutual goal takes time, extensive experience and know-how. And this comes at a cost.
- We have experience in dealing with all types and sizes of companies; small companies, international companies, government institutions, JSE-listed organisations, and many more.
- We have experience across all industries. Our team has extensive experience working in the disciplines of Human Resources, General Management, Sales Management, Marketing and Operations Management. Further experience is in the areas of Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, Small Business Management as well as Business Development. Our team boasts vast knowledge of South African business practices and has successfully assisted customers across South Africa in the field of Business Plan Consultation. Our customers operate across a wide spectrum of industries, including ICT, Logistics, Marketing, Manufacturing, Hospitality, Healthcare, Insurance, Construction, Mining, Advertising, Public Enterprises, Public Relations, Technology, e-Commerce, m-Commerce, Business Services and Retail.
- Our Founder holds both a MBA and Doctorate Degree in South African Entrepreneurship, International Business Management, and General Management.
- We write Business Plans and provide related services. We are not a ‘Jack of All Trades’ type of company. Our experience is writing unique business plans. We are the leaders in Business Plan Writing. Beware of companies that provide business planning as one of their services. Why would you partner with an individual/company that offers business plan writing as one of their services, along with services that have no relevance to entrepreneurship/business planning. Partnering with a Specialist is better than partnering with a Generalist. Jack of all Trades, Master of None – is that what you as client really want?
- We are the undisputed Leading Business Plan Company in South Africa. Unfortunately, most ‘so to speak’ Business Plan Consultancies in South Africa make this claim. To make a claim of being a Leader and Specialist at a specific discipline/service/field is not merely including such a claim on your Website and marketing material. No. Research has shown that to call yourself a Specialist, you need at least 10,000 hours of experience in such a discipline/service/field. To be a Leader, you need to offer True Value, have a Tangible Value Proposition, Know Your Market Inside-Out, Lead the Market Through Consistent Quality and Excellent Service Delivery and Have a Substantial New Client Base obtained through referrals and Word-of-Mouth! So, ask yourself the question: “Do I want to work with a Leader and Specialist or rather a Follower and Generalist”?
- All our Website Copy is original and protected under copyright; we have taken more than 5 years do develop our website, copy, design, and layout.
- Our Founder, Dr. Thommie Burger is personally involved in all projects and no Business Plan is released before he approves it.
- Any questions can be personally answered by the Founder, whether these questions are via email or via telephone. You are welcome to arrange a free consultation via Telephone or Skype with our Founder (Dr. Thommie Burger), where we can discuss your full business needs so as to ensure we put your mind totally at ease. No commitment fee.
- JTB Consulting CC is registered company in South Africa with registration number 2008/120088/23.
- JTB Consulting CC has a legitimate corporate bank account.
- Professional recommendations and client testimonials received via LinkedIn (https://za.linkedin.com/in/thommieburger) and our Website are transparent, with contact details of these past clients available on LinkedIn. Partnering with a consultant that has recent (up-to-date) client testimonials is better than partnering with a consultant that has none or very few testimonials. And yes, you as the client have all the right in the world to contact these past clients as part of your own due diligence. Unfortunately, once again, false testimonials are at times used by individuals/companies to sell their service. Do your homework and remember; the transparency of the individual/company is key. Beware of the individual/company that is not willing to provide you with testimonials from previous clients they worked with (to support their claims of excellent service).
- We have a combined team experience of more than 100 years in Business Management, Strategic Planning, Market Research, Financial Modelling, and General Management.
- We have written more than 11,000 Business Plans since 2006.
- We have experience in working with Clients across more than 25 Countries.
- We have experience in successfully compiling Business Plans for Clients operating in more than 125 Industry Sectors and Markets.
- We provide free telephonic and email support/guidance throughout the project phase.
- We can take your “idea” and conceptualise it into a fully developed business – even if you are unsure how or where to start.
- We ensure total confidentiality, discretion, loyalty and professional service throughout the management of your project. JTB Consulting has an already drafted Non-Disclosure Agreement that we can send to our Clients, which both parties can sign, thereby protecting the interests of the Clients we work with.
- There is nothing more important to us than the complete satisfaction of our clients. It is the quality of our service delivery, truly understanding our clients’ unique requirements and over delivering on our promises that sets us apart from our competitors. But don’t take our word for it. View the range of Client Testimonials we’ve received from past clients: 98% of our clients would recommend our company.
- We never make a promise we can’t keep. We are committed to saving our customers time and money by providing them with a professional and unique Business Plan Solution that attain results. As our client, your Business Plan will include everything that is required by Local and International Investors. Our team’s main objective is to provide a high quality and personalised service where every client receives an open and honest approach to service delivery, whilst ensuring client satisfaction is maintained every step of the way. We are truly committed to delivering an exceptional, world-class client experience. We never make a promise we can’t keep!
- Bankable Business Plans. We ensure that your Business Plan ticks all the right boxes and matches the standards suggested by funding institutions. All our Business Plans are customised and written according to the unique requirements of Local and International banks and investors.
- Comprehensive (Desktop/Secondary) Market Research. Depending on your specific needs, we conduct comprehensive (desktop/secondary) market research on behalf of all our clients. A detailed market- and industry analysis not only reveals valuable information and facts on the market but also competitors, clients, risks, opportunities and the overall attractiveness of the business venture. Our dedicated Market Research Team supports our Business Plan Consultants with invaluable market insights, strategic advice, and recommendations on your business venture.
- Our Success Rate. An independent survey conducted on behalf of JTB Consulting revealed that the Business Plans we compiled for our clients and that were subsequently submitted to banks and investors had an immaculate funding approval rate immaculate funding approval rate of 71% (2010), 68% (2011), 70% (2012), 72% (2013), 73% (2014), 70% (2015), and 75% (2016). This is in comparison to an estimated industry average of only 7%. The survey focused on start-up and existing companies that required funding of between R1-million and R30-million. The period under review was from January 2009 to December 2016.
Need further information and guidance? You are more than welcome to contact Dr. Thommie Burger on +27.79.300.8984 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. He is more than happy to help wherever he can.
Good luck with your ideas and new business venture!
The Undisputed Leaders in Business Plan Writing in South Africa