leaders in business planning strategy
Get Ahead with Our Business Planning Services.
We are a team of Top Business Consultants and South Africa’s #1 Business Plan Writers. After nearly two decades, JTB has become synonymous with World-Class Business Planning.
We have been Leading the Way in Business Planning Strategy and Quality Business Plans since 2006.
With extensive industry experience and the latest market insights, our qualified team of Business Plan Writers are the first choice of serious entrepreneurs. Our Business Consultants have partnered with hundreds of clients since 2006 across more than 25 countries.
Whether you operate in FinTech, Mining, Insurance or Retail, E-Commerce or Hospitality, JTB Consulting has seen it all. Contact our Business Plan Experts now to discuss your unique requirements in more detail.
Through experienced management, talented and forward-thinking Business Plan Writers, high-quality management consulting solutions and first-class customer service, JTB Consulting aims to provide South Africa’s “Best Business Plan Service Experience”.
To our delight, we have earned an excellent reputation all around South Africa and abroad. The goal of our specialist team of Business Plan Writers is that everyone has a memorable experience and reaches even greater success in partnering with JTB, per our slogan, “Reach New Heights”.
We deliver correctly structured Professional Business Plans with exceptional quality content Every Single Time. Since 2006, JTB Consulting has achieved a 0% Rejection Rate from Local and International Banks, Financiers, and Investors regarding the Content Quality and Structural Layout of our Professional Business Plans.
In more than 17 years, none of our Business Plans was rejected based on layout, quality, and structure. We ensure that your business idea and dreams are adequately and confidently conveyed through our Custom and Leading Business Plan Writing Service. With extensive industry experience and the latest market insights, our expert Business Plan Writers team is the first choice of serious entrepreneurs.
“We are South Africa’s leading Business Plan Service providing an industry-leading Professional Business Plan solution to local and international clients, ensuring client satisfaction throughout our engagement.”
- Thommie Burger
JTB Consulting was founded and is currently headed by Dr. Thommie Burger, a Certified Financial Modelling and Business Valuation Analyst. He holds a PhD with a specialisation in Entrepreneurship and Business Management and an MBA specialising in International Business Management.
Thommie has personally been involved in the successful execution of large-scale Business Analysis-, Management Consulting-, Business Valuation-, and Business Plan projects, ranging from startup companies seeking as little as R1 million in bank financing to companies requiring more than R1 billion in investor funding to fund their growth strategies.
Before establishing the company in 2006, Thommie worked for several multi-national companies based in South Africa, Africa, and the United Kingdom. He has held various positions, including Business Analyst, Business Consultant, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Country Manager, Business Development Manager and Training Manager.
Some of the most notable clients Thommie has worked with include Sasol, DaimlerChrysler, BMW, Nissan, VW, Eskom, Integr8, MTN, Financial Times (London), Famous Brands, Engen, Chevron, and SAP.
He has extensive experience working with various South African Government Institutions, The Department of Defense (United Kingdom) and various local and international-based Embassies and Consulates.
His substantial Consulting experience, attention to detail and logical approach to problem finding and resolution will contribute to the success of any project, task, and activity.
Thommie is passionate about solving complex problems that require an in-depth evaluation and comprehensive analysis. He is an astute, results-oriented individual with a proven ability to identify issues and solving them through applying analytical thinking and strong operational leadership reinforced by solid ethics, sound business knowledge and experience.
Thommie is an assertive and interactive individual with an extensive strategic, operational, and financial modelling background and will contribute significantly to the successful execution of any project.
Financial Modelling and Business Valuation Analyst.
MBA Graduate with specialisation in Business Management (Summa Cum Laude).
Doctoral (PhD) Thesis with Research on Entrepreneurship and Business Management in South Africa (Summa Cum Laude).
Qualifications and Accolades
The JTB 30-Point Value Proposition.
1. Since 2006, we have established ourselves as a Leading Business Plan Service to South African entrepreneurs and companies (startup and existing). Our specialist team of Business Plan Writers have compiled hundreds of Professional Business Plans on behalf of clients.
Our team has experience writing Business Plans and Commercial Proposals for startup businesses (seeking as little as R1 million in startup funding) and more complex local and international projects and established companies (seeking more than R1 billion in investor funding).
2. Since JTB Consulting’s establishment, we have assisted many new and existing companies in writing expert Professional Business Plans that attain results. Our focus is on providing customer-specific solutions.
We do not offer an “off-the-shelf” service as we firmly believe that it is vital to walk side-by-side with a client throughout the Business Plan Writing process. We believe in personal contact and genuinely establishing a long-term business relationship with you.
3. As an additional value-added service, we can provide our Clients with a Business Plan Pitch Deck designed according to international best practices. A Pitch Deck is a brief presentation (created using PowerPoint) and is used to provide your audience with a professional overview of your Business Plan.
You will typically use your Pitch Deck during face-to-face or online meetings with potential investors, customers, partners, and other stakeholders. At an additional fee, the Pitch Deck can be designed after the Business Plan has been completed.
4. We are more than willing to provide our Clients with Examples of our Quality Work. At the Client’s request, we can give a few examples of past Business Plans we have completed for both Local and International Clients.
This transparency on our part should greatly assist Prospective Clients in evaluating the Quality of JTB Consulting’s work for themselves.
5. We have achieved a high level of customer satisfaction and exceptional success rate not only because of the quality of our service delivery and documents we produce but also due to our hands-on approach to every Client.
We are a proud, honest, and open-minded company that delivers professional service. Our highly experienced team is committed to offering exceptional and professional service to all our clients.
6. Clients can rest assured that our Professional Business Plans comply with the extremely stringent criteria of both local and international investors, i.e., Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Commercial Banks, Small Business Finance Houses, and Government Funding Institutions.
Our Business Plans are Bank- and Investor compatible and serve as an excellent model and management tool as our clients develop and grow their businesses.
7. We do not sell products. We sell a unique and bespoke Consulting Service that will bring value to your business venture/idea. Most people underestimate the time it takes to write a new, comprehensive, and customised business plan. We, therefore, do not offer discounts.
Beware of the individual/company that consistently use discounts and “being the cheapest service provider” as their claim to fame and marketing message.
Buying a Service is different from purchasing a Product. The age-old saying of “if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys” has never been more relevant.
Writing a business plan in a consultative approach and truly partnering with a client to reach a mutual goal takes time, extensive experience and know-how. And this comes at a cost and time.
8. We have experience in dealing with all types and sizes of companies; small companies, international companies, government institutions, blue-chip listed organisations, and many more.
9. We have experience across all industries. Our team of Business Plan Consultants has extensive experience working in HR, General Management, Sales and Marketing, Operations, and Finances. Further expertise is in the areas of Business Analysis, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, and Business Valuations. Our team boasts a vast knowledge of local and global markets and has successfully assisted customers across South Africa and abroad in the field of Business Plan Consultation.
Our customers operate across a broad spectrum of industries, including but not limited to FinTech, Banking, Mining, Insurance, Mobile Applications, E-Commerce, ICT, Logistics, Public Enterprises, AI, Cyber, Hospitality, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Construction, Services, Retail, Tourism, and Education.
10. Our Founder holds both an MBA and Doctorate Degree in Entrepreneurship, International Business Management, and General Management. He is also a Certified Financial Modelling and Business Valuation Analyst.
11. We are focused on writing Professional Business Plans, and we provide related business consulting services. We are not a “Jack of All Trades” type of company. We are industry-leading Business Plan Writers. Beware of companies that provide business planning as one of their services.
Why would you partner with an individual/company that offers business plan writing as one of their services, along with services that have no relevance to entrepreneurship/business planning? Partnering with a Specialist is better than partnering with a Generalist. Jack of all Trades, Master of None – is that what you as a client want?
12. We are the undisputed Leading Business Plan Service in South Africa. Unfortunately, most ‘so to speak’ Business Plan Companies in South Africa make this claim. To claim to be a Leader and Specialist at a specific discipline/service/field is not merely including such a statement on your website and marketing material.
No! Research has shown that to call yourself a Specialist; you need at least 10,000 hours of experience in such a discipline/service/field.
To be a Leader, you need to offer True Value, have a Tangible Value Proposition, Know Your Market Inside-Out, Lead the Market through Consistent Quality and Excellent Service Delivery and Have a Substantial New Client Base obtained through referrals and Word-of-Mouth.
So, ask yourself the question: “Do I want to work with a Leader and Specialist or rather a Follower and Generalist”?
13. All our Website Copy is original and protected under copyright; we have taken more than ten years to develop our website, marketing copy, design, and layout. Unfortunately, we do come across scam artists and fraudsters that copy our website narrative ‘verbatim’ to pass it off as their own.
14. Our Founder, Dr. Thommie Burger, is personally involved in all projects, and no Business Plan Consultant releases a completed project/document before he approves it.
15. Any questions can be personally answered by the Founder, whether via email or telephone. You are welcome to arrange a free consultation by phone or Video with our Founder, where we can discuss your personal needs to ensure we put your mind totally at ease. No commitment fees.
16. JTB Consulting CC is a registered company in South Africa with registration number 2008/120088/23.
17. JTB Consulting CC has a legitimate corporate bank account.
18. Professional recommendations and client testimonials received via LinkedIn and our website are transparent, with contact details of these past clients available on LinkedIn.
Partnering with a Business Plan Consultant that has recent (up-to-date) client testimonials is better than partnering with a Business Plan Writer that has none or very few testimonials.
You have all the right in the world to contact these past clients as part of your due diligence. Unfortunately, once again, false testimonials are used by individuals/companies to sell their service. Do your homework and remember: the transparency of the individual/company is vital.
Please beware of the individual/company that is unwilling to provide you with testimonials from previous clients they worked with (to support their claims of excellent service).
19. Our team of Business Plan Writers, Market Researchers and Industry Practitioners have a combined team experience of more than 50 years in Business Management, Business Analysis, Strategic Planning, Business Valuations, Market Research, Financial Modelling, and General Management.
20. We have written hundreds of Professional Business Plans since 2006.
21. We have experience in working with clients across more than 25 Countries.
22. We have experience in successfully compiling Business Plans for Clients operating in more than 125 Industry Sectors and Markets. Please view some of our client Case Studies for more information.
23. We provide free telephonic and email support/guidance throughout the project phase.
24. We can take your ‘idea’ and conceptualise it into a fully developed business – even if you are unsure how or where to start.
25. We ensure total confidentiality, discretion, loyalty, and professional service throughout your Project’s management. JTB Consulting has an already drafted Non-Disclosure Agreement that we can send to our Clients, which both parties can sign, thereby protecting the interests of both parties.
26. There is nothing more important to us than the complete satisfaction of our clients. It is the quality of our service delivery, genuinely understanding our ‘clients’ unique requirements and over-delivering on our promises that sets us apart from our competitors.
But don’t take our word for it. Please view the range of Client Testimonials we’ve received from past clients: 98% of our clients would recommend our company. View Testimonials from past clients.
27. We never make a promise we can’t keep. We are committed to saving our customers time and money by providing them with unique and Professional Business Plan Solution that attain results. As our Client, your Professional Business Plan will include everything that Local and International Investors require.
Our team of expert Business Plan Consultants’ main objective is to provide high quality and personalised service where every Client receives an open and honest approach to service delivery while ensuring client satisfaction is maintained every step of the way. We are genuinely committed to delivering an exceptional, world-class client experience. We never make a promise we can’t keep!
28. Bankable Business Plans. We ensure that your Business Plan ticks all the right boxes and matches the standards suggested by funding institutions. All our Business Plans are customised and written according to the unique requirements of Local and International banks and investors.
29. Comprehensive (Desktop/Secondary) Market Research. Depending on your specific needs, we conduct extensive (desktop/secondary) market research on behalf of our clients. A detailed market- and industry analysis reveals valuable information and facts on the market and competitors, clients, risks, opportunities, and the overall attractiveness of the business venture.
Our dedicated Market Research Team supports our Business Plan Writers with invaluable market insights, strategic advice, and recommendations on your business venture.
30. An independent survey conducted on behalf of JTB Consulting revealed that the Business Plans we compiled for our clients (which theses clients submitted to banks and investors) had an immaculate funding approval rate of 71% (2010), 68% (2011), 70% (2012), 72% (2013), 73% (2014), 70% (2015), 75% (2016), 77% (2017), 79% (2018), 79% (2019), 76% (2020), and 80% (2021).
Our average funding approval rate of 79% is compared to an estimated industry average of only 7%. The survey focused on startup and existing companies operating in South Africa and abroad, who applied for funding between January 2010 and December 2021.
To attract investment capital for your business, you must think like an investor as you write your Professional Business Plan. That is where JTB Consulting’s unique solutions give you the edge.
We are Management Consultants that think like both Entrepreneurs and Investors.
Banks, venture capitalists, financial institutions and angel investors have the difficult task of balancing risk versus reward in their decisions. Your first challenge is to show them the commercial opportunity you are presenting to them. You need to demonstrate what you have done to mitigate risk. Demonstrating a real value proposition is a tremendous challenge.
Let JTB Consulting partner with you and show you how.
Our Business Plan Writers know precisely what international (and local) standards and best practices are required.
Clients can rest assure that we write our Business Plans in line with the extremely stringent criteria of both local and international investors.
These include Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Commercial Banks [e.g., ABSA, Nedbank, Investec, Standard Bank and FNB], Small Business Finance Houses [e.g., Retail Capital and Business Partners], and Government Funding Institutions [e.g., IDC, NEF, and SEFA].
Our Professional Business Plans are Bank and Investor compatible, designed to serve as an excellent model and management tool as our clients develop and grow their businesses.
Companies that have partnered with us.
JTB Consulting is a Serious Business Plan Company that is the first choice of Serious Entrepreneurs. Since our establishment in 2006, we have assisted hundreds of local and international clients.
Each Business Plan we write is industry-specific and tailored to the requirements of the Client on the one hand and the criteria of the financing institution on the other. Our personalised and industry-specific Business Plans are far more effective due to our local and international experience and extensive experience in business analysis.
Our team has extensive experience working in more than 125 disciplines, markets and industries, including but not limited to Sales and Marketing, Strategic Management, HR, Recruitment, FinTech, Banking, Mining, Insurance, Financial Services, Technology, Mobile Applications, E-Commerce, ICT, Logistics, Public Enterprises, Hospitality, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Construction, Services, Retail, Travel, Tourism, and Education.
An independent survey conducted on behalf of JTB Consulting revealed that the Business Plans we compiled for our clients (which theses clients submitted to banks and investors) had an immaculate funding approval rate of 71% (2010), 68% (2011), 70% (2012), 72% (2013), 73% (2014), 70% (2015), 75% (2016), 77% (2017), 79% (2018), 79% (2019), 76% (2020), and 80% (2021).
Our average funding approval rate of 79% is compared to an estimated industry average of only 7%.
The survey focused on startup and existing companies operating in South Africa and abroad, who applied for funding between January 2010 and December 2021.