Writing a business plan is time-consuming, but it’s essential if you want to have a successful business that will survive the startup phase. If your business doesn’t have one, maybe it’s time to start writing it. Writing a business plan can do wonders to clarify where you’ve been and where you’re going.
This article will discuss how to hire a professional Business Plan Writer and audit the competence of various Business Plan Writers available in South Africa.
Before we jump in, take a moment to compliment yourself to research articles on finding the appropriate Business Plan Writer for you and your business idea.
Writing a business plan is one of the best ways to test whether an idea for starting a business is feasible. The business plan is your safety net. If working through a business plan reveals that your business idea is untenable, it will save you time and money. An idea for starting a business is often discarded at the market analysis or competitive analysis stage, freeing you to move on to a new (and better) idea.
Below is an Explainer Video that we published in 2010 as a Guideline to Prospective Entrepreneurs and Business Owners. The aim of the video is to answer the question of: “How do you Choose a Business Plan Consultant in South Africa?”
Unfortunately, many prospective business owners are convinced that their idea for a product or service is a can’t-miss proposition, so they don’t take the time to research and work through a proper business plan. The more you know about your industry, prospective customers, and the competition, the greater the likelihood that your business will succeed.
The 5 Steps of Hiring a Professional Business Plan Writer
If you are reading this, you are already on step 1 of finding a professional Business Plan Writer. You have begun your research, and you are looking for more specific information to make the best decision for your startup. Always look at the following aspects when choosing Business Plan Writer:
- Decide whether or not you want to go with an agency or a freelancer. While tasking a freelance Business Plan Writer might be inexpensive, you usually do not have the same quality guarantees and other perks like strategic guidance and recommendations.
- The track record and formal education in business and finance and other thought leadership papers and articles that emphasise your Business Plan Writer’s official and formal qualifications are vital.
- Look at some samples of the work of the Business Plan Writer and make sure you will receive an editable MS Word version of your Business Plan so that you can make minor amendments yourself as your business grows.
- Consider whether or not the Business Plan Writer should perhaps serve you as a business consultant for later stage startup needs. Sometimes it can be advantageous to look for a specialised or industry-related consulting company to help you further your growth.
- Make sure you have ample opportunity to give the Business Plan Writer a full briefing. All Business Plan Writers will ask for minimum information to be provided by you before starting their engagement process.
How to Determine the Professionality of a Business Plan Writer
Generally, it is a particularly good sign for the professionality of the Business Plan Writer when they respond quickly, and the appearance of the correspondence and the website indicate a clean and transparent design in the company’s thinking and doing. In addition, questions are answered politely and comprehensively, and there is a lot of showcasing material and further referential ground, such as online and offline publications and client reviews.
Particularly diligent Business Plan Writers will ask a series of clarifying questions. Any Business Plan Writer that is professional and transparent will not just accept all the information you provide at face value. Instead, they will critically analyse and ask vital questions, even if they are those questions you don’t want to hear.
Need to Discuss your Business Plan Needs with our Founder? Contact Dr Thommie Burger.
Professional Business Plan Writers are an Asset in the Startup World
Even though there is value in coming up with the business plan documentation yourself, hiring a professional can still be useful for many entrepreneurs. If you do not have the business administration and finance knowledge or are currently pressed due to a lack of free time, you will profit from someone who will get the job done to have your funding and start your operation.
Or suppose your business project is so complex that it would be valuable to have a professional look at the planning and pitching documentation instead of wasting a chance to impress your targeted investors or lenders. In that case, that’s also an example of an ideal case when hiring a professional Business Plan Writer makes good sense.
Generally, it is possible to get very good value when hiring a Business Plan Writer for your project.
You would need to analyse their competence and capabilities and then only decide for yourself.
- Look at their client testimonials.
- Contact some of their past clients.
- Look at examples of their work.
- Make sure that your Business Plan will be unique and that they do not use Software or Templates to populate with the information you provide.
- Look at their qualifications.
- The industries in which they have completed projects.
- The size of the projects they have managed.
Rather ask enough questions before hiring a Business Plan Writer. And then, partner with them to Reach New Heights in your dreams.