These days, your website can get lost in a jungle of Social Media Influencers and Brand Ambassadors. We see individuals and companies on various social media channels with a hundred thousand followers and wonder, how will my social media efforts ever compare?
Gone are the days of cold calling, leaving brochures or company profiles at the desks of receptionists, hoping, that someone, a potential client, will call you to give you the time of day to “sell what you have.”
If you have a website, you know that visitors to your site is of paramount importance. What’s more, the interrelationship between your social media efforts and visitors to your website is critical. Merely having an “attractive” site is no longer good enough.
So how can social media boost your website visits? Let’s consider a few examples:
- Encourage your followers and would-be fans to interact with and share your posts.
- Create a contest where followers can win something for nothing.
- Becoming a specialist or thought leader in your industry is vital. Fresh, new and valuable content will not only build trust but credibility and authority with your online visitors.
- Sometimes people forget the foundation of social media, which is: Be social. Show your audience that you care what they are saying. You can do this with “Likes,” Shares, Reposts, and Comments.
- Never use your social media channels for explicitly selling your products or services. Instead, demonstrate how the product works, what benefit will potential customers receive and include testimonials from other satisfied customers.
- Not all your potential customers belong to and interact on all social media channels. Some followers might be on Instagram but not on Twitter. Treat your followers as unique and provide valuable content that demonstrates this fact: an exclusive audience with a unique set of needs.
- Seek out and connect with Influencers. Partnering with Influencers that only have a few thousand followers and that are willing to advertise your products can do wonders for your website traffic.
With this said, there is a plethora of tips and tricks on the importance of social media and how to increase website traffic. The most important though is to remain honest, fresh, sincere and not to treat your followers as just another statistic. Behind that “Like” is a real person that may very well become a buying customer. For more information on this topic, please feel free to comment on our social media pages or visit our website for similar advisory articles.